Weekend Cat Blogging #59


Here marks the solo pictorial debut of Louie on Interrupted Wanderlust. He's shown up here before, but he's never appeared alone. The reason being that Louie is camera-shy. And Kristi-shy. And really, really Rich-shy. To be blunt, Louie loathes Rich with a fiery passion. And we figure it dates back to an episode in his kittenhood.

When young master Louie was but a wee kitten, he loved to hide and to get into trouble, as most kittens do. So one weekend morning I was scrubbing out the bathtub with cleanser when the phone rang. I had just poured the cleanser in the tub, and then left the bathroom to answer the phone. Can you see where this is going?

When I returned, I found Louie in the tub, covered from head to toe with the green powdery (and VERY toxic) stuff. I immediately grabbed him, turned on the water, and hosed him down. Then, Rich held the very terrified, shaking, and dripping wet Louie while I used the hairdryer to blow-dry him. We don't believe Louie ever forgave Rich for the events that transpired on that day, because Louie will flee from the room whenever Rich enters it.

For more cat tales, check out Clare and Kiri!

12 Responses to “Weekend Cat Blogging #59”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh, I'm so glad that Louie let you paparazzi get his picture!! He's beautiful. I've had cats that showed a definite preference for one sex. Actually, they usually prefer women.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Awww, poor cat. Handsome fella though.  

  3. # Blogger Ramona

    He's a good-lookin' boy...even without a regular blow-dry!
    Funny how some cats are so skittish...  

  4. # Blogger Marie

    Poor Rich!!

    Maybe Louie could benefit from a little kitty psychotherapy. I mean, really... isn't it time to get on with life, Lou?  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Such a beautiful cat! My stepbrother has a cat that spends most of its time in hiding, so much so that her name is Stealth Cat. I hope Louie isn't as bad as Stealth Cat!  

  6. # Blogger Jodi

    Great cat! I popped over here from "Princess and Johnsy"'s site.
    Congrats on the upcoming baby!
    j.  

  7. # Blogger kenju

    He's cute, I think. It is hard to tell....LOL I posted my cat today too.  

  8. # Blogger Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^=

    What a great looking kitty Louie is. Some cats are shy. They are all different. Makes for an interesting world though.
    Bonnie in Virginia.  

  9. # Blogger Leslie

    The visual of a puffy little Louie covered in Comet-like grit and then dripping wet is hilarious. I bet his eyese were as big as saucers! Tell Rich not to worry - in one of Louie's 8 other lives, he'll realize how lucky he was to have Rich hold him through the hair dryer torment.  

  10. # Blogger Kristi

    Sher-Yes, Louie undoubtedly prefers me. There is no love lost between him and Rich.

    MissMeliss and Ramona-Thanks!

    Marie-I can't tell you how many times Rich has joked about exactly what you suggested!

    Shannon-hmmm... I bet Louie could challenge him for the title.

    Hoosiergirl-Thanks! And thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Kenju-Thanks!

    L-I hope so! Perhaps there is hope for a reconciliation between the two of them after all.  

  11. # Anonymous Anonymous
  12. # Anonymous Anonymous
Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly