The 5s Meme

I've had a busy couple of days with lots of new things going on, and lots to share. But in the meantime, Shannon over at The Westering Hills tagged me for this meme. And since I love lists (and memes), I'm more than happy to oblige.

5 items in my fridge

This meme arrived with perfect timing, as we just had our brand new fridge delivered Saturday! Our old one was about 20 years old, decrepid and disgusting, with a broken shelf and broken crisper drawer. Our new one is fabulous, with the freezer in a pullout drawer along the bottom of the fridge.

1. Canadian bacon (his, not mine)

2. Diet 7Up, flavored with Splenda, the only "artificial" sweetener I can have.

3. Cheese. Sometimes, it's what's for dinner

4. Bottles and bottles and bottles of water

5. The detritus of my IVF cycle. Three Gonal-F injectible fertility medication "pens." Simply dial your dose, pull the plug out, point, and shoot into your thigh or abdomen. Your choice! Also, one vial of Lupron, also an injectible medication, but this one needs to be drawn up into a syringe with a needle the length of Shaq. And one half-used box of progesterone suppositories, that don't go where you think they do (not pictured). I want to donate the unused Gonal-F pens, which cost the equivalent of the GNP of Laos, to a fellow infertile in the blogosphere, assuming I can figure out how to ship something that needs to stay refrigerated. Bet this is more than you ever wanted to know about my fridge, eh?




5 items in my closet

1. Dozens and dozens of clothes that no longer fit me. And about 10 items of clothing that do. These 10 have "panels" and are "roomy" and "stretchy."

2. This shirt, which may look familiar. My favorite item of clothing to date. I haven't even worn it yet. My sister gave it to me for my birthday. Hope it's comfortable sitting on that hanger. It's going to be there for awhile.


3. A box of old cards, mainly those made by my sister over the years. Someday when she's a famous artist, I plan on selling them and retiring to Fiji.

4. 5 pairs of Docs.

5. A carpet that hasn't been vacuumed in 6 years.

5 items in my car

1. Lint. My Jetta's seats attract lint like nobody's business

2. Broken sunglasses. Somewhere under the seats, is the missing right arm

3. A Nerf gun, minus the Nerf bullets

4. A first aid kit

5. Snow brushes

5 items in my purse

1. Splenda. Because one never knows when one will be in a restaurant that offers pink packets and blue packets, but not the yellow ones.

2. Business cards to stuff in restaurant fishbowls to win stuff.

3. The phone number to the Andrology lab at my fertility clinic.

4. A package of Kleenex.

5. My car's new insurance card.

5 people who are thusly tagged

1. Practigal
2. Kross-Eyed Kitty
3. In My Own Little Corner
4. M
5. Eat Stuff

9 Responses to “The 5s Meme”

  1. # Blogger Thalia

    Ah yes, I recognise the IVF detritus. But I haven't discovered splenda as an artificial sweetener. Do they make diet coke with splenda? I miss diet coke.  

  2. # Blogger M

    Thanks for tagging me! I had a good time doing it! :)  

  3. # Blogger eat stuff

    I *know* that this is going to sound crappy..... but I really don't like splenda or any other artificial sweetners, you just never know what the long term side effects are going to be. I am still iffy about splenda being chlorenated carbon molecules.......

    When Mariko (supereggplant.com) came over to oz she brought me some agave syrup, it is great stuff! 1 tbsp = 60 cals and is 1 1/2 times sweeter than sugar! Where as sugar is bout 68 cals per tsp. I know it is a liquid, but she also gave me some agave syrup sticks which are a thin tube like a straw filled with the syrup and sealed at both ends.... anyway it is just a thought........

    I will do the meme real soon!  

  4. # Blogger Shannon

    I love that you have a Nerf gun in your car!  

  5. # Blogger Leslie

    Ain't nothin' wrong with cheese for dinner, sista. MMMMMM!

    FIVE pairs of Docs??  

  6. # Blogger Marie

    Time to put the snowbrushes away! That t-shirt cracks me up...

    I'll do this one soon.....

    Happy Tuesday (that feels like a Monday!) Kristi!!  

  7. # Blogger Ramona

    I like meme's! I'll do this when I get home tonight. And cheese for dinner? Always good.  

  8. # Blogger Kristi

    Thalia-I wish they did. I miss diet coke too.

    M-Can't wait to read your answers!

    Clare-Not at all! In fact, this is all really good information, and you're right: we don't know the longterm side effects. I do know that Splenda is made from sugar, and doesn't contain aspartame, though, which I'm hoping means it's relatively safe. I've never heard of agave syrup. I'm going to look it up.

    Shannon-someone gave it to me about 15 years ago when I was in the hospital (a way to threaten the doctors). I have no idea why it's in my car.

    L-yup. 5 pairs. I had a slight addiction there for awhile.

    Marie-I know! Especially after yesterday's weather, huh?

    Ramona-I heart cheese like nobody's business!  

  9. # Anonymous Anonymous

    hmmm I still think that the "made from sugar" is just a really good line of copy......

    yes it is made from sugar but they are replacing the hydrogens on the carbon s to chlorines. So it isn't that it doesn't contain energy but more like that your body doesn't know how to utilise it. But they aren't really sure what happens, your body should excrete (ie urinate it out) but most people seem to retain about 14% and they don't really know where it goes, is it stored? is it metabolised(broken down)? if it is metabolised then you might be getting an 'energy' boost from it.

    Agave is what they make tequila from :) and it tastes nice, if I mix alittle into something I can't even taste it. The worst thing is that you can't buy it here!!

    oh and yes,.... I do have a bug up my arse about this, but I wont lecture you anymore *I promise* and I don't mind what choice you make :) I just wanted to tell you my opinion  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly