30 in 30 Project: My Last Day at 29

My 30th birthday is tomorrow, March 30th, although it feels like my birthday was last Friday, given my surprise party. While I'm not embracing 30 with open arms, I do feel like I have a different perspective on the year than I did even a few months ago. I'm in a good place in my life.

I have a house I love and I live with three adorable "fur children" who despite my grandma's fears about them sitting on and smothering my future offspring, are actually very well-behaved and docile kitties.

I have a husband whom, although he has his moments, cares enough about me to not only throw me a wonderful surprise birthday party, but to make me laugh every day of my life.

I have a job that although it will never be my dream job (as I believe so very few people ever get to realize this) is tolerable and provides me flexibility, along with a manager who is very supportive and great to work for.

I have a close family who would do anything (and I do mean anything) in the world for me, who provided me with a rare, unique, and wonderful childhood, and who weekly provide me with enough leftovers to ensure the only cooking I need to do involves the "Reheat" button on my microwave.

I have wonderful friends, a few of whom I've known for 25 years, who are always there for me, and who have supported and loved me through all of my life's phases.

I have a strong sense of who I am as a person, what I believe is important in the world, and of those things that define my belief system.

I have fought the hardest battle of my life for the past two years in dealing with infertility, and was lucky and blessed enough to come out on the other side with a pregnancy.

And last but not least, I have made some wonderful "blog" friends in the last year of my 20s, and I feel so honored that you return day after day to read my ramblings here!

Goodbye 20s. Hello 30s. I'm excited to see what you have in store for me.

12 Responses to “30 in 30 Project: My Last Day at 29”

  1. # Blogger Shannon

    Happy early birthday! Thirty is gonna be great, although it sounds as if all is pretty great for you already!  

  2. # Blogger Marie

    Hooray! Buh-bye twenties!! Look out, thirties... here comes Momma Kristi!  

  3. # Blogger Unknown

    I LOVE YOUR ATTITUDE. AND I JUST KNOW ROM READING YOUR POST CAREFULLY THAT MANY, MANY THOUSANDS OF BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS ARE AHEAD. BRING OUT THE CAKE AND ICE CREAM. WE'LL ALL BE RIGHT OVER!!  

  4. # Blogger Leslie

    Happy 30th, Kristi! Shannon's spot on - 30 is the new 20...live it up, grrrl! And you know the best part? You have so many blessings and you appreciate them - that's something some people NEVER figure out.  

  5. # Blogger kenju

    Happy Birthday! You're just a baby. Life truly does begin at 40!  

  6. # Blogger Ramona

    Your 20's sounded fabulous, but from an old 40 yr old broad..trust me...you're going to LOVE< LOVE< LOVE your 30's!
    Happy Birthday Kristi, I'm so glad that I met you!  

  7. # Blogger Binulatti

    Happy, happy day shish.
    "Strangeways, Here We Come"  

  8. # Blogger eat stuff

    Well I can really say Happy Birthday as it is the 30th here ;)

    so

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!  

  9. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Happy Birthday, and remember, 35 is the new 21, so you're really only 18. Again.  

  10. # Blogger Kristi

    Shannon and Marie-Thanks!

    Michael-That's very sweet. I certainly hope so.

    L-I am definitely lucky to have the blessings I have, for sure.

    Kenju-Thanks! Then I have a lot to look forward to!

    Ramona-If 30 is the new 20, then 40 is the new 30, so we're exactly the same age! I'm so glad to have met you too!

    Karrie-Strangeways, indeed.

    Clare and rocco-Thanks!

    Melissa-Oh, to be 18 again!  

  11. # Blogger Thalia

    What a lovely post. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. It's wonderful that you're able to celebrate it pregnant, having got through this awful struggle. Congratulations!  

  12. # Blogger Kristi

    Thalia-Thank you. I am truly blessed indeed.  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly