Book Swap Loot

Yesterday, I received in the mail a copy of A Natural History of the Senses by Diane Ackerman, courtesy of Melissa over at Scritture, as part of the Book Swap organized by Amy of Beauty Joy Food. I also received a wee little chocolate morsel, which Melissa tells me came from a trip she took to France, and some very cute Halloween stickers.

I love, LOVE receiving packages in the mail. I do most of my shopping online, so this happens frequently at Chez Kristi, but this time the experience was different, because I had no idea what would be in the package she sent. The book sounds fascinating. It's about the human emotions tied to each of the five senses, and a history of why certain experiences are tied to seeing, hearing, tasting, touching, and smelling.

And the timing was perfect, as I just finished reading the latest Harry Potter. Time to dive into my new book. Thanks, Melissa, for the great package, and thanks, Amy, for organizing such a fun activity.

3 Responses to “Book Swap Loot”

  1. # Blogger Geekwif

    How fun! I thought about seeing if I could get in on that book swap, but I've got about 150 books in my "to read" stack already.  

  2. # Blogger Kristi

    Geekwif-the book swap was so much fun. Definitely get in on the next one, if you're still interested. What's one more book in the stack, right? ;)  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous
Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly