Seattle Bound

Tomorrow morning I'm off to visit my sister in Seattle. You may recall that she had recently visited me, so it hasn't been that long since I last saw her. Usually, though, I see my sister only twice a year-once during the summer and once at Christmas. I've been out to see her in Seattle twice before, but not in the last two-three years. So seeing her again so soon is a bonus for me. Seattle is a beautiful city and I know why she loves living there. Besides its geographical beauty, there is always something to do there. There are tons of cool resturants and stores. And it's the home of the very first Starbucks! I just wish the city was located 3,000 miles east instead of on the west coast.

My sister is a buyer's assistant for Nordstrom. As a result of working in the fashion industry, she is a total fashionista, and is always dressed really well. All her outfits are complete too-matching shoes, purse, accessories. I'm lucky if I can find two socks that match. I started a new job in February of this year, after having worked at a place where casual dress (jeans, t-shirts) was the norm. I needed a whole new wardrobe for my new gig. My sister sent me a ton of clothes from Nordstrom (she has an amazing discount, and also gets a lot of samples for free) so I would look presentable. If I receive a compliment on something I wear to work, guaranteed it's something she's picked out for me. I have zero fashion sense, and I have no idea what looks good on me. Thankfully, she does.

While in Seattle, she has told me she plans on "dressing me for the fall." Thank God, because while I have a lot of summery skirts and shirts, once the cold settles in (and in upstate NY, it gets COLD), I will have nothing to wear.

So, I will be away from my blog until late next week. When I return, I will be refreshed from a week off of work, and well-dressed to boot. Lucky me.

4 Responses to “Seattle Bound”

  1. # Blogger Marie

    Excellent! I need to borrow your sister sometime!

    Have fun on your trip Kristi!!  

  2. # Blogger Ramona

    Have a great trip!  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Received your package today. Was going to send yours tomorrow (see email), but as you're going to be away, I am holding it til the 29th and then sending it overnight.

    Have a lovely trip!  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Kitchen cabinet moldings buspirone buy amateur Athletes pilates  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly