About a Quilt

When you have a daughter whose favorite color is red (as opposed to the ubiquitous pink and purple most other little girls love), it is challenging to find not only clothes, but also bed linens, rugs, and other decorating accessories that meet her color preferences.

I have been searching for a quilt for Isabella since she transitioned from her toddler bed to her full bed last year. Her room is red and white. Quilts with red in them that look appropriate for a little girl's room, as opposed to an adult's room, are pretty much non-existent.

To this point, she's had a small (as in, lap blanket small) purple and white quilt on her bed. It didn't go with her room, but she was attached to it, so it stayed.

And then I met up with Allison, an old friend and former co-worker, at another friend's daughter's birthday party. Allison had made the birthday girl a gorgeous quilt. I was instantly in love, and an idea was born.

Last Friday, Isabella received her new quilt

Allison found the fabric collections, and I chose the ones I liked. There are dogs and birds and polka dots and strawberries, all favorites of Isabella's.

And when you turn it over, this is what you'll see:


I think she likes it.

I love it too. It's made incredibly well, and it's something she'll be able to use for years. Thank you, Allison!

Allison has her own Etsy shop, and she makes some truly beautiful things. Check it out!

10 Responses to “About a Quilt”

  1. # Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com

    Oh! That is just beautiful! I like quilts better than comforters and that one is one that she will keep forever. LOVE IT!  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    So pretty, Kristi!!

    (and I love her shirt too! ;-) )

    Marie  

  3. # Blogger Debbie

    Absolutely beautiful. A friend made both my boys small quilts when they were born. The thing I love about handmade quilts, is they will be with you forever.  

  4. # Blogger Mom24

    That is absolutely beautiful, and it couldn't be more perfect. Awesome.  

  5. # Blogger Hopeful Mother

    Suits her well. Just perfect!  

  6. # Blogger Allison

    It looks so perfect in her room. Oh those pictures make me really happy. I'm so glad I get to see it in its home.  

  7. # Blogger Unknown

    Wow! What a beautiful, beautiful quilt!  

  8. # Blogger MsGraysea

    Beautiful! From a quilter here, that is lovely and will be a treasure she will always have to warm her body and soul. Such a nice idea, Kristi.  

  9. # Anonymous christine

    Oh what a beautiful quilt. In fact, I'm off to check out the etsy store now, since I'm in the market for a new comforter or quilt.

    Isabella looks so pleased!  

  10. # Blogger Holly

    What a pretty quilt and room!

    Glad to see Isabella wearing a Thomas shirt. :)  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly