Half a Decade of Blogging BadAss-itude

July 7th was this blog's 5th anniversary.

5 years is a long time.
I think that's officially longer than most marriages last, right? Or at least longer than I thought mine would last. Kidding, of course.
Five years ago, my friend Marie encouraged me to start my own blog. She had just started hers , and after reading it for awhile, writing my own began to seem like a good idea, especially considering that I was a writer in both my personal and professional life. It's natural to post my innermost thoughts on the web rather than keep them squirrelled away in a journal that no one but me reads, right?
Amazingly, there are a handful of you who have been reading this blog since it's beginning (or near its beginning): Christine, Judy, Ramona, Pru, and I'm sure a few others who I am embarrassingly forgetting to mention. I will always be grateful for your friendship and support, especially considering Interrupted Wanderlust has changed radically from the days where I blogged about running and baking bread and lusting for babies. I know I'm not as interesting to read anymore. I am working hard to correct this, but, most days, the hours literally evaporate. This blog has taken a back seat, and this does not make me happy.
To the rest of you who have picked up this blog somewhere over the last several years and read regularly, and to those who may stop by occasionally to see what I'm currently bitching about, I want to thank you as well. I know what busy lives you lead. The fact that you take five or ten minutes out of your day to spend them here, reading my drivel, and sometimes taking the time to comment is no small thing to me.
Every blogger loves comments. For me, the comments are a support system and an advice stream (far different than the steady assvice stream that I get from my family) that I could never duplicate in my "real" life. Thank you for empathizing and giving it to me straight, even when you disagree with what I've written.
At this point, I don't know where this blog is heading. I have no fewer than 20 posts saved in my Drafts folder, waiting to be written. I am pressed for time on an hourly basis, seven days a week, and between my work, my training, my kids, and ignoring the 17 inches of dust coating every inch of my furniture, I am beyond busy. But for now, I'm going to keep writing when I can. I want to and I need to.
Quitting is not an option.

11 Responses to “Half a Decade of Blogging BadAss-itude”

  1. # Anonymous Ness at Drovers Run

    I went back and read some of your earlier posts - it was so interesting to hear about your life 'before kids'. I sometimes go back to my own blogger blog too - and check out where I was back in 2004. I started reading your blog when you were pregnant with the twins - in fact I think it was the post where you found out you were having twins! I was pregnant with my second at the time too, which I think is why I clicked over :)  

  2. # Blogger Jesser

    That's quite a milestone ... now I'm curious how long I've been at it - I think I used to mark the date, but I haven't in years! It was so different many years ago ... FB has kind of ruined blogging in some ways ... I miss the comments. And it is sooo interesting how the content changes over time. I find your posts on here very entertaining since you're at the same stage of life as I am. I can totally relate and laugh and such. But yes, it is much harder after the kids, but you do a great job. :) Happy Bloggiversary!!  

  3. # Blogger Rebecca

    Congratulations! I totally know how you feel though about the hours just evaporating. Good blog posts pop in to my mind all the time and some times I even manage to write them down but before I know the day is gone and when I finally sit down to write in my blog weeks have gone by!  

  4. # Blogger Mel

    Yeah man - dont quit! Blogs go through phases because they are an extension of who we are.

    I dont blog (or comment) nearly as often as I used to but I am still *present* albeit not as often.  

  5. # Blogger Christine

    Hooray on your fifth year! I have clearly fallen off with my own blogging, but I guess hating your job and working too much will do that to you.

    I'll be here following along in any case. :)  

  6. # Blogger Mom24

    Happy Anniversary! Don't quit. I would miss you a lot.  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Congrats! Thanks for many interesting reads over the years. Keep up the great work.--KB  

  8. # Blogger Sunny

    I am getting caught up, finally. (I'm sure I'll be behind again in two days, but you know how it goes!)

    Congrats on five years, that's AWESOME!! I personally am so glad that you blog, and glad to have found you. First of all, your kids are A-DOR-A-BLE. I can always count on a good cuteness fix. Second, I appreciate all your candor in being a mom of a toddler+twinfants. (Or in your case now, a preschooler+twin toddlers.) Sometimes, yes, your posts scare the absolute crap out of me. But I need to know the reality of what I can expect, and it's helpful to know that every mom of multiples doesn't find it as effortless as Angelina Jolie seems to.

    Thanks for sticking with the blog, despite all that's on your plate!  

  9. # Blogger Unknown

    Happy 5 years! I don't make it over here as often as I'd like, but I'm still with you. :-D  

  10. # Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com

    5 years? You win. I am around 3.5 - 4. I guess I need to check and see...  

  11. # Blogger Jamie

    So glad you're out there in the blogosphere. :) You're one of the few people who I feel like truly "gets it" and I am so grateful I found you -- even if I was a bit late to the game. :) Happy 5 years!!  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly