Wordless (But Not Soundless) Wednesday: Dinner Music


My house.
5:00 p.m.
Each and every weekday, while I prepare our evening meal.
Who wants to come for dinner?



(If you remember, these two screamed during dinner for the first 8.5 months of their lives. After an all-too-brief lull in evening-related screaming, they've transitioned to pre-dinner tantrums. One of these days, I will look back on this time in our lives and laugh, right? Right?)

10 Responses to “Wordless (But Not Soundless) Wednesday: Dinner Music”

  1. # Anonymous Ness at Drovers Run

    Even screaming, they're so ridiculously cute. Note how Luci stops crying when she thinks the camera is off her, then turns it up full volume when you go back to her...kids need an audience man!

    :)

    It seems like 5pm in all households is "insert screwdriver in ear drum hour" both of mine were wailing yesterday (yes even at 4 and almost 2) they're hungry, too tired to be awake but it's too late to let them nap and you're trying to cook dinner. *madness*

    But it's directly before the time in which they go to sleep and that's when I really *start* my day!  

  2. # Blogger Mom24

    Oy!

    Don't start drinking...you may not stop. :)  

  3. # Blogger Andrew

    Yeah, not quite as fun when I have to listen to it. Seriously, Texas in April is beautiful. You wouldn't believe how quiet this house is.  

  4. # Blogger MsGraysea

    Ah, for posterity these pictures will be worth millions!! They remind me of baby birds in the nest when mother is approaching with food. Little mouths open squawking for all they are worth.
    I'd be tempted to acquire earplugs.
    Seriously, my sympathy to you..  

  5. # Blogger Thalia

    Kristi, it's ear splitting indeed. If this isn't too irritating a question, have you tried feeding them a bit earlier, say 445 or something? Does that help?  

  6. # Blogger Unknown

    Oh boy! Could you put them in their high chairs with Cheerios and a book while you prepare dinner?

    Watch out - they're gonna push down that gate one of these days!  

  7. # Blogger Kristi

    Thalia and Melissa-We eat together around 5:30. We used to feed them before we ate, but then we ran into the problem of them wanting out of their highchairs while we had just sat down to eat.

    I have quite literally opened up a box of Cheerios and dumped the contents on the floor in front of them to try and get them to stop screaming. It generally works for a few minutes, but sometimes it doesn't work at all. I think they want out of Baby Jail, but obviously, being the only adult home at the time, that can't happen.  

  8. # Blogger In Due Time

    lol A starts acting batshit crazy some nights at dinner time and I just faux cry right along with her and she shuts up. lol Have you tried that? I'm not sure if that age you'll piss em of more or not. lol

    Do you have any balls? Maybe you can play "fetch" ...you throw the balls over, teach them to bring them to you and you throw 'em back.

    We also use Mr. Handy Dandy DVD player at our house.

    I wish I lived closer!  

  9. # Blogger Sunny

    Don't tell any of the other bloggers I follow, but your pictures have to be my favorite. I instantly laughed out loud at that top one. They are adorable!! It will totally come bite me in the butt, though, when I have the same thing in another year or so.

    My son hits his witching hour right during dinner prep, too. I will say that's the best thing about bedrest... I can hear him having a tantrum downstairs with my mom, so I just turn up the TV. he he he....  

  10. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
    Is this possible?  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly