First Foods

The twins turned six months old last week, so the week before we decided to throw caution to the wind and introduce solids.

As it is with most major events, holidays, car trips, early mornings, mid-afternoons, evenings, and anytime I desire a photo of myself with one or more off my offspring, crying greeted the Delicious! and Not At All Gross! rice cereal I served. Lots and lots of crying.



Break out the sharp sticks to poke into your eardrums following your viewing of the following, which documents not only Luci's extreme dislike of her rice cereal, but also her mother's annoying mommy voice and her big sister's love of the spotlight.




After a few days, I introduced sweet potatoes. The skies cleared, birds sang, and unicorns frolicked in my backyard.



Nicholas is much more interested in eating solids than Luci. He gobbles, and she often acts as if I'm attempting to shovel pureed cockroaches down her throat. With Isabella, I introduced 10 or so veggies before any fruits, but this time around, I've already tried banana in an effort to encourage Luci's eating. I think it's working.

Oh, and because I am bored and looking for ways to fill the many empty hours of my day, I've decided to dust off my grandma's ancient food processor once again and make the twins' baby food, just as I did for Isabella. Pulverized green beans, anyone?

9 Responses to “First Foods”

  1. # Blogger Mom24

    Oh my goodness that last picture of Nicholas is too adorable!!! Those sweet potato smiles are pretty cute too.

    I love that you videoed the cereal. Poor Luci! Won't that be fun to torture her with down the road? :-) Isabella too.

    Very cute update.  

  2. # Blogger Jesser

    As usual video (at work) doesn't work for me. Grrrr... cute photos of them! Seeing the differences between your kiddos makes me really interested in how different mine will be ... They look like they're doing awesome. Getting so big and what great smiles!! Can't believe it's solids time already.  

  3. # Blogger Marie

    Too cute! Can't imagine resisting that delightful rice cereal! ;-)  

  4. # Blogger Momma K

    Whoa, she's a screamer. Mad props for going the all homemade route again. Good luck!  

  5. # Blogger Momma K

    This comment has been removed by the author.  

  6. # Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com

    Man, they are some gorgeous kids! Even with Isabella's refusal to smile. Gotta love a girl that's consistent!  

  7. # Blogger Chastity

    My girls have been a little bored with rice cereal as well. So far I've been making the baby food, something I didn't do with LG. I've made peas, carrots, sweet potato, bananas, apples, pears, and I've mixed carrots with apples a time or two. So far it's been a good experience, and it makes me feel good to save money and make a healthier choice for them at the same time. Any tips on green beans? I haven't tried those yet.  

  8. # Blogger Pregnantly Plump

    Those pictures are so cute! I can't imagine that rice cereal tastes very good, either. We also made most of Little Elvis' food with a food processor and it worked out really well. I never got the carrots to the consistency in the jars, but he ate them anyway.  

  9. # Anonymous Laura McIntyre

    So cute , i love the video and
    shy Isabella .

    Hope Luci gets more into soon, Ru is 7 months now and barely touches any  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly