Easter Wrap-up

Easter is the busiest and craziest holiday in our household. We have a packed schedule of activities that takes us from morning mass to brunch at the hubs' aunt on one side of city, back to our house for a quick nap for the kids, followed by dinner at my grandma's on the other side of the city. Doing this amount of packing, unpacking, and schleping of three kids under the age of three, two of whom were all, "Where the hell are we going now?" for most of the day was a challenge. But, like everything else in our lives from this point forward, we just need to learn to adapt. Having three kids this young makes everything a bit more difficult.

The festivities began on Saturday, when we left the babies with my mom and headed over to the hubs' parents' house for egg-dyeing and an Easter egg hunt with Isabella's cousins.


Later that night, we colored eggs again at our house. We now have enough hard-boiled eggs to last us until at least the 4th of July.


Once Isabella went to bed, we filled some eggs with money (the little girl's a fan of cold, hard cashola these days), a few chocolate bunnies, and some jelly beans, and stashed them around the house. We also put out her Easter basket for her to find on Sunday morning.

Then it was time to get dressed and force the children to pose for an obligatory family photo. The ones of the five of us were very bad. Very, very bad. In every holiday photo we've attempted to take together, someone is always crying. So it was with the Easter photo.

Luckily, the kids' photo shoot didn't take anywhere near as long as the 4-hour-long Christmas photo nightmare.








Oh, and I managed to make these two trifles (Strawberry Cream and Lime Berry Mousse) while the kiddos were napping for dessert at my grandma's. I may not be baking anywhere near as much as I used to, but my friend gave me these Pampered Chef recipes and they were easy...especially considering she dropped by halfway through to drop off Easter presents for the kids and helped me make them!

Happy Easter and Happy Passover!

10 Responses to “Easter Wrap-up”

  1. # Blogger My Wombinations

    Your kids are so cute, I am tempted to drive six hours with both kids just to see them.  

  2. # Blogger In Due Time

    Adorable! :-)

    Don't forget... FLORIDA AWAITS YOU! lol  

  3. # Blogger Mom24

    Great pictures. I'm glad you had a good day, sorry it was a bit insane. The trifles look amazing! I would love recipes. No pressure though.

    Happy Easter. I hope Spring brings babies who sleep all night. :-)  

  4. # Blogger Shannon

    ohhh too cute on the photos and the outfits...

    Your day sounds as crazy as ours did... I'm pooped from yesterday lol... and I only had one kid to cart around lol...  

  5. # Blogger Hopeful Mother

    Looks like a crazy busy day, but a good one.

    Those trifles look like they are TO DIE FOR. YUM. I'm impressed that you found any time to make them, easy or not!  

  6. # Blogger kenju

    The photos are terrific, Kristi!! and the trifles look scrumptious!  

  7. # Blogger Damselfly

    Ohmygoodness! The girls look like perfect princesses, and Nicholas has the best smile ever! It sounds hectic, but I'm sure you'll never forget the first Easter with all five of you together. :)  

  8. # Blogger Jesser

    Such cute kids!! I cannot believe how those babies are growing. They have great smiles.

    What a busy Easter. I always find days like that enjoyable but so overwhelming and tiring.

    Your trifles look so pretty. I just wanna stick a spoon through my screen ... mmmm.  

  9. # Blogger Pregnantly Plump

    The pictures are great! Glad it didn't take as long to get a good group shot!
    We attempted dye-ing eggs, but neither Bob nor I remembered how to do it, and I don't like to read instructions. Little Elvis got some very pale versions of dyed Easter eggs.  

  10. # Blogger In transit

    I love that Isabella is giving the photo session a thumbs up!
    That Lime trifle looks amazing!  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly