22 Week Update

You know that throaty groan many tennis players release when hitting the ball across the net to their opponent? I'm officially at that stage of my pregnancy.

I spend (or used to spend) a lot of time on the floor with Isabella. Most moms of toddlers do. However, it's getting increasingly difficult for me to stand up without significant physical effort, or bend over to pick something up for that matter, hence the "pregnant-woman grunting." I am only 22 weeks. The babies are probably a pound each and shorter than a ruler.

It's going to be a long couple of months.

My complexion hasn't gotten any better since last month. In fact, it's gotten worse. I find a new giant, honking zit on my face nearly every single day. I am pretty. Oh, so very pretty.

And in mental health news, Isabella had a massive tantrum in the parking lot of the library a few weeks ago. She refused to hold my hand while walking to our car. I attempted to pick her up, while balancing a diaper bag on the back, two books in one hand, and my keys in the other. She went completely limp, making it impossible to pick her up. I had to drop everything in my hands to heave her thrashing body under my right arm before she darted in front of a car, while some kind stranger picked up my keys and books from the ground. She was crying and so was I, not because of her behavior, but because I realized in that moment that I had absolutely no idea how I would ever be able to handle going anywhere with a toddler and two infants by myself.

On the positive front (I swear, I'm not this whiny 24/7, unless you're talking to my husband who might give you some very false information about my temperament), we have acquired a second bouncy seat, donated by a friend whose grandchild no longer uses it. Score!

And there's been some discussion on the baby name front. I'm planning a post on it soon, but I will say we are close to having a name for the girl, and one of your suggestions might be a winner. Maybe.

I'll leave you with a photo of my enormous gut. I am resisting the urge to post the comparison photo of my first pregnancy at 22 weeks, but if you're as fascinated by belly shots (and the huge difference between singleton and twin pregnancy sizes) as I am, you can check it out here.

8 Responses to “22 Week Update”

  1. # Blogger sashabro

    Hey!

    You look far better than you think you do... I know the zit issues, though. I had them myself. They cleared up around the 24th week... Hope it is the same for you. Hang in there. Can't wait to hear the name!  

  2. # Blogger Jesser

    What is up with the skin stuff?? Seriously ... me too. Though I am just much better off skin wise when I'm on hormonal birth control. But you look great! And really not huge, esp. for carrying twins.

    Sorry about your frustrations with Isabella. This parenting stuff is no joke and really hard on the nerves sometimes. :P Can't wait to hear about your names.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I still think you look fantastic. I agree with Sasha - you look better than you think you do!

    And I also agree with Jesser - "This parenting stuff is no joke."  

  4. # Blogger Mel

    Argh, I remember the feeling too well. Tantrums and being preggers at the same time.

    *am ducking as I say this* ..but they grow up so fast Kristi....enjoy each moment, even the crap ones...

    ((hugs))  

  5. # Blogger Mom24

    You look great! You don't look (from here), even big enough for twins! Wow. Hang in there. At least there's a reason it's hard for you to stand up...I'm just getting old! Sorry for the tantrum too! I promise, you will be able to go places. That's one reason to make sure the stroller you get is as user-friendly as possible. It will make all the difference. I can't wait to hear the names! So fun living vicariously.  

  6. # Blogger Damselfly

    You look great!

    As the mother of one kid, I can only guess here, but I think the key to taking multiple children somewhere is a stroller. I used to be puzzled at seeing women taking their two or three children from the car to an indoor place where they would just let them loose. Seemed like a lot of stroller effort -- buckling and unbuckling -- but I now figure it must be the only way to get the kids out of the parking lot safely!

    Can't wait to hear the babies' names!  

  7. # Blogger Chastity

    I think you look great! I do completely understand the difference between carrying a singleton and twins. It really is very different; everything happens much faster.  

  8. # Blogger Shannon

    Ahh you look so cute! Sorry about the skin stuff... that sucks! I hope it gets better soon!  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly