The Best News in the Blogosphere

When I started trying to have a baby in December 2003 I had a feeling that it would take awhile, even though I had no reason to suspect that it might.

We waited about 9 months or so, then began testing to determine why we hadn't been able to conceive. It turns out there wasn't a reason, we were perfectly healthy, and that we were among the 10% of infertile couples (who number 1 in 6 nationally) with unexplained infertility.

So we did three cycles of Clomid + IUI (intrauterine insemination), and when that didn't work, we moved on to two cycles of injectibles + IUI, and when that didn't work, we did IVF in November of 2005. We were incredibly lucky that it worked on the first try, making us parents to Isabella. In March of this year, we did a frozen embryo transfer, and as you know, it worked again.

In the maddening and gut-wrenching world of infertility, my journey to motherhood was a relatively easy one, although I sure as hell didn't think it was while I was waiting. Sure, some women get pregnant after their first round of Clomid, but many more endure years of treatment, their emotions pinballing through the optimism-despair rollercoaster ride of every new cycle.

And even then, after years of IVF and FET, procedures and surgeries and new treatment plans, they still cannot conceive. It is the ultimate "F-you" from the universe. Many move on to the equally exhausting adoption path, a process that can take years, and much like infertility treatment, it's one without any guarantees.

But this post is the story of one longtime infertility blogger whose journey into the center of Dante's Circle of Infertility Hell ends with her emerging triumphant.


The lovely, the amazingly supportive, the kind and compassionate, and the incredibly talented Beagle, who endured five long years of waiting, has become a mother at last. On Saturday, she adopted her two-day old son. She is ecstatic. He is gorgeous.

I cannot think of a more deserving woman to finally have her happy ending. Beagle has been an incredible support not only to me, but also to countless other bloggers waiting to become mothers. And she offered her shoulder to cry on, her sympathy, and her words of encouragement all while enduring her own struggle. She is the true embodiment of selflessness.

Won't you stop over and congratulate the new mom?

9 Responses to “The Best News in the Blogosphere”

  1. # Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com

    Oops. It looks like she's a private blog. But congrats to her! That's so exciting!!  

  2. # Blogger Kristi

    Whoops! My mistake. Thanks, Tracey. I forgot she has a private blog. I'll pass on any good wishes to her.  

  3. # Blogger Shannon

    please pass on my congrats as well... I am so excited for her!  

  4. # Blogger Chastity

    I used to read her blog several years ago, and I guess somehow I lost touch. Tell her congrats for me :).  

  5. # Blogger Jesser

    Awww... so nice to hear good news like that!! Yay!!  

  6. # Blogger Damselfly

    I can't get in either ... how sweet of you to highlight her happy news and to offer your support! So wonderful!  

  7. # Blogger Unknown

    How wonderful! Please tell her how happy I am for her. :)  

  8. # Anonymous Anonymous

    what wonderful news!!!  

  9. # Blogger beagle

    Thank you Kristi, thank you all . . . anyone who'd like to read my blog can email me beagleblogger at gmail dot com

    And, while I still think five years is too long to wait . . . he IS worth every minute if it!


    xo
    B  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly