Raise Your Hand If You Have a Question

There's a Q&A meme traveling around this here Internet, and so I'm participating. Here are the answers to the questions Michelle sent me.

1. If you could take back any one thing you did in your life, what would it be and why?

I took enough Advanced Placement courses as a high school student to enter college as a sophmore. As a result, I graduated in three years, which at the time seemed like a great idea. I was paying for half my tuition (with my parents covering the other half), so I was saving a lot of money by graduating early, and who the heck wouldn't want to end the misery of 8am classes, term papers, and exams a year before they were supposed to? In retrospect, that would be me.

I think I would have liked that extra year to figure out what I really wanted to be when I grew up. I majored in English and intended to become a feature writer for a magazine or an editor for a book publisher upon graduation. One small problem: I don't exactly live in a major metropolitan area, so these kinds of jobs aren't plentiful. So I ended up becoming a technical editor, and eventually a technical writer, working in the computer field. And computers? Don't interest me in the slightest.

2. If you could do anything other than your current job what would it be and why?

This is an easy one. I would be a travel writer. Travel is in my blood. I absolutely love experiencing new cultures and visiting new places. I've been to seven countries (which certainly isn't a lot compared with some people-check out Ramona's Travel Tuesdays to meet someone who has been all over the world), and I can't wait to visit more, someday.

And I love to write as well. I have two degrees in English, and if I didn't have this blog as an outlet, I think I would curl up and die.

3. You were driving cross country and your cd player was stuck on repeat, what is the song you would least mind listening to over and over and over again?

This is a tough one. I'd have to say "How Soon is Now?" by The Smiths. That period of self-discovery I would have liked more time to participate in back in college? Well, the soundtrack to that time in my life is a Smiths album. And this song is one of my favorites.

4. If Isabella was a boy, what would his name be?

If you recall, I was absolutely certain the Beastie was a boy. She would have been either Nicholas or Noah.

5. If you hadn't named her Isabella, what would have been your second choice in names?

I desperately wanted to name her Ella. The hubs desperately did not. So we compromised with Isabella. Emma was also on the list for awhile, but due to the name's popularity, we decided against it.

6. If infertility were not an issue, how many children would you have?

Regardless of whether we had infertility issues, I've always wanted two children, and definitely no more than that. I don't think I'm psychologically capable of taking care of more than two children (because, dear G-O-D, taking care of one is oh-so-hard most days), and we want to be able to provide for them in a way we just financially couldn't if we had more than two.

If you want to participate, and have me dream up six questions for you to answer, just let me know in the comments section.

7 Responses to “Raise Your Hand If You Have a Question”

  1. # Blogger Gal on the Go

    Sure Kristi I'm game. Not sure what you'll come up with but definitely interested to find out :-)  

  2. # Blogger M

    Great answers! :) So...I'm going to add one more question-- are you planning to do IVF again? If so, I have a million other questions like-- you mentioned you really only want 2 children. What if you got pregnant with twins? how would that put a spin on your life? And what if you got pregnant and still had left over embryos?
    I'm just curious because these are all of my what if questions.  

  3. # Blogger Damselfly

    Really? You love to travel? I never would have guessed. ;)  

  4. # Blogger My Wombinations

    Send away! As long as they are not math questions:)  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey! I like this game!
    BTW...baseball is starting up...any plans to head to Toronto? I'd love to see IsabELLA!  

  6. # Blogger Kristi

    Liz-Okay. Coming your way soon.

    Michelle-We are planning on doing IVF again and doing a FET, since we have 4 leftover embryos. If I had twins, I would need to be institutionalized, but eventually, everything would work out. ;)

    And if we had leftover embryos at that point, I would donate them for stem cell research. They would be thrown away anyway, so I figure why not have them used to help cure a horrible disease.

    Damselfly-I know. Shocking, right?

    Sasha-Believe me, there will be no math questions. That's a 4-letter word on this blog.

    Ramona-I would LOVE to come to Toronto, and if we do go, seeing you is tops on my list.  

  7. # Blogger Gal on the Go

    Thanks for the questions Kristi. They are posted.  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly