I'll Take Baby Liberals for a Thousand, Alex

There is something supremely satisfying in taking your baby to the weekly Sunday dinner at your aunt's house, where each and every family member is a die-hard conservative and a fan of all things W, dressed like this:




I ordered the onesie and the bib over the internet. When I opened the package, I found these two wife-beaters instead, shipped to me by accident, instead of to their rightful owner who lives in the great state of Texas.



And while receiving her order was highly amusing for me, imagine how horrified she likely was to receive my order instead of hers. The irony of this situation was not lost on this quick study.

When I called the company from which I had ordered Isabella's Hillary gear, they apologized and told me they'd ship out the correct items right away. As an added bonus, they told me I was welcome to keep Ms. Texas's order.

Hot damn!

15 Responses to “I'll Take Baby Liberals for a Thousand, Alex”

  1. # Blogger eat stuff

    heheeheheh
    That is hilarious :)

    Unluckily in Oz the "liberal" party has hijacked the term liberal as a prime example of real politic. Bastards.  

  2. # Blogger Kris

    That is just way too funny! I would love to get Brody something like that and have him wear it around the fam!  

  3. # Blogger kenju

    She's so darling and the clothes and bib make it better!  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Are the mis-sent wife beaters baby sized or adult sized?  

  5. # Blogger My Wombinations

    Oh that makes me laugh and laugh. I love it. But I am concerned... With Isabella supporting Hillary and Samara supporting Obama, can they still be friends?? :)  

  6. # Blogger The Queen B

    I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in Ms. Texas house that day!!  

  7. # Blogger Marie

    She's positively adorable no matter what she's wearing!!! Man is that smile gonna melt some hearts or what?! (Not that it doesn't already...)  

  8. # Blogger Ramona

    Tee hee!
    Very funny!  

  9. # Blogger Damselfly

    How funny! Don't you love messing with relatives?!

    Should I ask if you got spanked? ;)  

  10. # Blogger Gal on the Go

    LOL! I have to tell you the best thing about your daughter sporting the Hillary T-shirt is the grin on her face like she totally knows what you are up to :-). Classic and of course, so very, very cute.  

  11. # Blogger M

    So cute!!! Ok...here are your meme questions:
    1. If you could take back any one thing you did in your life, what would it be and why?

    2. If you could do anything other than your current job what would it be and why?

    3. You were driving cross country and your cd player was stuck on repeat, what is the song you would least mind listening to over and over and over again?

    4. If Isabella was a boy, what would his name be?

    5. If you hadn't named her Isabella, what would have been your second choice in names?

    6. If infertility were not an issue, how many children would you have?  

  12. # Blogger Binulatti

    Oh I would have *loved* to hear the fam's reactions to these. I can just picture you pretending to quell their annoyance on the tee with a bib, then POW! On goes the Dem Donkey. Love it.  

  13. # Blogger Christine

    So funny.

    Also? She just gets cuter everytime I see her. I may or may not wish that you lived closer to Linda of sundrymourning.com so that Bella could marry her Riley and eventually have the cutest children of all time.  

  14. # Blogger Kristi

    Clare-That sucks. I take it "liberal" means something different in Australia?

    Kris-I got the gear from Cafe Press!

    Kenju-Aww.. Thank you. I think so too. ;)

    Shannon-They are adult-sized. If they were for a baby, it would have been pretty funny.

    Sasha-They can definitely still be friends. Plus, Obama will make a great VP for Hillary. ;)

    Sher-Thanks!

    Princess-Me too!

    Marie-I'm slightly biased, of course, but I agree with you. ;)

    Ramona-:)

    Damselfly-I loved their reaction, which as you can imagine, was outrage. And no, no spanking here. :)

    Liz-Yeah, she's a smart cookie, that one.

    Michelle-I answered my questions!

    Karrie- It was oh.so.funny.

    Christine-LOL. I can't marry her off just yet. She's my tax write-off for the next 18 years. ;)  

  15. # Blogger anne

    Belatedly (per usual these days) - your Isabella is just too cute. TOO CUTE. She has such happy eyes!

    Also - hilarious story!  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly