It's 1950 in My House

Yesterday marked a very special day in my house. For Thursday, December 7, 2006 was the day that this hideous 20+ year old behemoth


with its disgusting interior, which I so obviously haven't cleaned in quite some time



was replaced with this beauty.



Yes, my friends, I have a new stove. An early Christmas present from my mom. Truly, there aren't adequate words in the English language to describe how excited I am about it. And I'm not ashamed to admit it, even though this marks this second time in less than one year that I've become unnaturally thrilled by a kitchen appliance.

Now, it's not the uber expensive stove of my dreams. In fact, it's just your basic white electric stove. But it's new! There are no drips of unknown origin all over the interior door. There are no collections of years' old food particles banding together to form a militia on the stove floor. It's new and it's shiny and it's mine, and I can't wait to break it in.

My goal this weekend (and it's a tentative one at that) is to make Christmas cookies in it. Sugar cookie cutouts. And if I don't have time for that, perhaps I'll just curl up next to it and stroke it lovingly. We're going to be so happy together.

9 Responses to “It's 1950 in My House”

  1. # Blogger My Wombinations

    Congratulations! I have faith that you and your stove have many delicious years ahead of you.  

  2. # Blogger Hopeful Mother

    This is, indeed, a momentous occasion. Bake away!  

  3. # Blogger Marie

    Beautiful! Have fun christening her!  

  4. # Blogger sunShine

    How great, a new stove! You have to bake something in it, even if it is just break and bake cookies.  

  5. # Blogger Leslie

    You made those peanut butter cookies you sent me in that thing? EWWWWW!

    All kidding aside, I'm amazed that you were able to consistently bake up goodness in that old ass stove.  

  6. # Blogger Damselfly

    O that every Christmas cookie would have the chance to be baked in such a fine place.  

  7. # Blogger Binulatti

    Nice. I'm gonna ask for some new applainces. They'll fit in my luggage, right?  

  8. # Blogger Ramona

    Congrats! A new appliance does give new inspirations, doesn't it?
    BTW...I have aspirations of baking the pumpkin cake you sent me this weekend! :)  

  9. # Blogger kenju

    Oh, how great for you! I need one badly, but I am pretty sure that Santa has other ideas. Show us the cookies, okay?  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly