Thanksgiving Blessings

Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. It's about family. It's about togetherness. It's about food. And other than the "Black Friday" shopping craziness that's advertised all over tv, it's not commercialized. There are no presents to buy. No parties to attend. No obligations to meet. You gather with the ones you love. You laugh. You catch up. You remember Thanksgivings of the past. You referee fights over who has surpassed his or her allotted time holding your three-month old, and then try to intervene before someone snaps your daughter's leg like the turkey's wishbone. Wait. You don't do that at your Thanksgiving dinners? Must just happen at mine, I guess.

Today I'll share dinner with about 20 of my family members at my grandma's house. Before that though, Rich and I will engage in our annual Thanksgiving ritual: watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade while devouring an entire package of cinnamon rolls. (Or rather I'll force him to watch the parade, which he doesn't really enjoy as I do, by withholding said rolls until he sits on the couch next to me and watches the damn parade because this is what we do!)

And of course, this Thanksgiving is extra-special, as we're sharing it for the first time with out little miracle of modern science.

I'm so thankful for Isabella. I look at her every day and I still cannot believe she's mine. She's a true miracle, and I'm so grateful for the gift of motherhood that I've been given.

I'm thankful for being able to share my life with a man who is both a good husband and a good father, who has more patience than three people put together, and who after almost 10 years together can still make me laugh every single day.

I'm thankful that a good friend received encouraging news from her doctor on Tuesday regarding some health problems.

I'm thankful that my manager enthusiastically agreed to my revised "return to work" plan when I talked to him on Tuesday. He agreed to let me work from home full-time (no more cube-dwelling for me) and according to my own schedule (nights, weekends, and naptimes) so I can care for Isabella, and not have to be stuck home during business hours. I don't have to leave my baby.

And I'm thankful for all of you who return day in and day out to read here. Your comments, support, and help are a daily mood-booster for me. Each of you is special to me, and I'm so glad we're pals in this great big blogosphere.

Happy Thanksgiving, all! Eat lots!

3 Responses to “Thanksgiving Blessings”

  1. # Blogger Jodi

    Thanks, Kristi...I'm thankful for you, too! Enjoy your day!
    J.  

  2. # Blogger Ramona

    Happy Thanksgiving, Kristi! Congrats on being able to work from home full-time, that is awesome!
    I'll be thankful when I have a computer at home again. I miss blogging, and catching up with your blog.  

  3. # Blogger Leslie

    I can't comment...mouth...full...of Thanksgiving goodness! But! Sending you warm wishes and stuff. :)  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly