38 weeks: Final Belly Pic

At 18 weeks, way back in March, the Beastie belly was just barely noticeable. It was a mere bump. It looked like I had injested one too many bags of jelly beans, my early pregnancy craving.


And now, it looks like the creature that ate Manhattan. Here's me, at 38 weeks. (Karrie, take a good long look in case you don't arrive in time!) I know I don't look that big. If I had a nickel for every time someone told me, "Well, GOL-LY, you look like you're only seven months, if you're a day!" then I would be moving to a Tuscan villa right now. But let me tell you, I feel like I'm carrying around a mini-fridge in my mid-section. And see those pants? It took an act of God for me to squeeze my ass into them. I swear I split the seam running back upstairs to peel them off my body once Rich had taken this picture.


But you know what? I wouldn't trade the many pounds heavier body I have right now for the lowest-weight-of-my-adult-life one I had at the start of my IVF cycle back in the beginning of November for anything in the world. I can't walk up the stairs without getting out of breath now. I have a noticeable waddle. And I have a whole closet full of clothes which most likely won't make an appearance on my body anytime in the next six months to a year. But I am an infertile about to be blessed with a baby, and I'll never forget how lucky that makes me.

13 Responses to “38 weeks: Final Belly Pic”

  1. # Blogger The Queen B

    After I miscarried my first pregnancy, I was certain that I wouldn't be able to carry a child. Barely 4 weeks after the miscarriage I discovered I was pregnant. I almost lost that pregnancy too but now here we are with our beautiful little girl.

    It's events like that, miscarriages and infertility, that will pull you through those last few days of uncomfortable pregnancy, early days of being a Mom and later months of crawling.

    You realize how hard it was to get to this point and your more grateful for each step you get to experience.

    I CAN'T WAIT for little Beastie to come!!!  

  2. # Blogger M

    You look AWESOME! :)  

  3. # Blogger Marie

    Happy dancing for you!! You look wonderful Kristi!  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    You're almost in the clear, though I remember the last month of pregnancy seeming to take at least as long as the previous 8 :)

    Enjoy it while it lasts.

    And hey, having a (relatively) small belly is not such a bad thing! My Owphish, now a Sophie, weighed over 10 lbs, so you can imagine. I was huuuuge and toward the end, I ended up growing out of some of my pregnancy clothes :)

    Oh, and hi, I'm a lurker.  

  5. # Blogger sunShine

    You do look great! I gained about 24 lbs during my pregnancy and at the end everyone (strangers mostly) would comment on how huge I was and that I must be having twins. I was all belly! You are very blessed. I can't wait to see a picture of the little beastie!  

  6. # Blogger Christine

    You look fantastic! and GAH only days away, I cannot wait to see the wee Beastie.  

  7. # Blogger Leslie

    There are competing miracles in this post: 1.) the Beastie blessing and 2.) how that same maternity top magically stretches to fit you through your enitre pregnancy! I admire both of your resiliency.  

  8. # Blogger Binulatti

    Um, wow. I am more than just a little speechless. I really hope I get to see you though! Maybe you can stall the dr? Tell him you'll be in right after Good Morning America?

    And good point to L, what's that top made of anyhow?  

  9. # Blogger Hopeful Mother

    I love how the stripes on your shirt change in each belly shot. That has been a great shirt to use for your belly shots - but you will probably never want to wear it again, right?

    You look wonderful, and I have chills thinking about you and Rich holding the Beastie next week!  

  10. # Blogger Pixxiee

    YOu look beautifully pregnant! What great photos, congratulations...  

  11. # Blogger Ramona

    You ARE blessed, and you LOOK fabulously pregnant!  

  12. # Blogger Dawn

    I agree with others and think that you look great. There is something about a pregnant woman that is so naturally beautfiul! Like I said, I can't wait!!  

  13. # Blogger Kristi

    Princess-I couldn't have said it better myself. I am so grateful to be where I am right now.

    M-Aww.. thank you!

    Caryl-That might actually be sweat. ;)

    Marie-Thanks!

    Smashedpea-10 pounds. Wow! That's one healthy little girl. And thanks for coming out of lurkerdom. It's always a cool think to hear from a lurker. :)

    Sunshine-Sometimes it scares me when people say I look small. Does that mean something's wrong with the Beastie? I know it's irrational, but I think it all the same.

    Christine-And I can't wait to post a picture of him/her!

    L-That's about the only shirt I own that has stretched throughout my whole pregnancy! Ah, the miracle of synthetic fabric.

    Karrie-I'll see what I can do! Take an earlier flight! PS: I think the shirt has lycra in it. It's somewhat stretchy.

    Hopeful Mother-You know, I never noticed how the stripes look until now. What was I thinking buying a shirt with horizontal stripes? LOL.

    Jenny-No cankle shot yet, but I'm on cankle watch. When they appear, a picture you shall have.

    Pixxiee-Thank you! And thanks for visiting my blog.

    Ramona and Dawn and Sher-you're too kind. Thank you!  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly