Broadway Bound!

This time tomorrow, I'll be in New York. I am very excited. Earlier in the week, I set up plans to meet up with one of my friends from high school after The Producers on Saturday night. I haven't seen him since the beginning of the year (he moved back to the City in the summer), so I'm looking forward to that.

One thing I am NOT looking forward to is somehow smuggling my needles and fertility drugs through security without my great aunt and uncle seeing them. As you know, they don't know about the IVF. I have a note from my doctor for the TSA security people, informing them that I'm not shooting up heroin, just trying to have a baby, so please don't arrest this girl. However, the drug has to be kept refrigerated, so I have to pack it in a little cooler in my carry-on. I know they're going to inspect it when I go through the security checkpoint. I just have to figure out how I'm going to let this transpire while my aunt and uncle are nearby. As of now, the plan is for them to go first, followed by my husband, and then for my husband to hussle them away from the security area ASAP, so I can have my stash inspected without them seeing.

If you have any other ideas, please let me know!

I'll be back on Monday. Have a good weekend.

5 Responses to “Broadway Bound!”

  1. # Blogger Marie

    Yeah, a celebrity sighting here... ha!!!

    Your plan sounds like a good one, Kristi. Covert op...

    Hopefully they're not as sleuthy as Robert Deniro in Meet the Parents. Man, nothing would get by that guy!!

    Have fun!  

  2. # Blogger Geekwif

    Have a great time in NY, Kristi!

    Your plan sounds like a good one. The only thing I could think of is if you told them at the last minute that you had to use the bathroom and didn't want to wait until after going through security. You could tell them to go ahead and you'll meet them on the other side. You'd want to be sure your husband went with them so he can guide them far enough away to not see you going through security.

    I'm terrible at being sneaky though, so I wouldn't necessarily recommend using my plan. ;)  

  3. # Blogger Geekwif

    Hope you're having a great time in NYC! Sorry to post this here, but I just wasn't sure you'd see it if I commented to your comment on my own blog.

    In answer to your question, no, I'm not planning on it, but I might make it available selectively. If you are truly interested let me know at geekwif[at]gmail[dot]com.  

  4. # Blogger Kristi

    Alisha-LOL. I had a blast. All about NY coming this week.

    Cara-Wow! To see Nathan and Matthew in The Producers must have been incredible. I'm so jealous. I've heard DRS is great.

    Marie-Does Danny Wegman count as a celebrity? If so, I see him shopping in my Wegmans pretty frequently. LOL.

    Caryl-no worries. They didn't suspect a thing.

    Geekwif-you must have read my mind, because that is literally EXACTLY what I ended up doing. More about this tomorrow.  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    This is very interesting site... » » »  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly