Halloween 1992

My best pal Jenny and I have been friends for 25 years. We met in the first grade, went all the way through Catholic grammar school together (including 7th grade, where her mother was our teacher), through Catholic high school together, and then through college together as well. We've lived in the same city all our lives, and last year, Jenny bought a house in my neighborhood, so she lives only a quick five-minute walk away from me.

In the spirit of Halloween, I decided to share this photo, taken in 1992, when Jenny and I were 16-year old high school sophmores. I'm the one with the very bad perm. We were hippies, as if this isn't obvious. This photo was taken at my house, right before we went trick-or-treating (and yes, looking back, 16 years old is a wee bit too old to be trick-or-treating). But we were good kids, not hoodlums, and this Halloween was our last participation in this childhood ritual. It's one of my fondest Halloween memories.

What's yours?

4 Responses to “Halloween 1992”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    That's definitely a fun Halloween memory. How cool I'm part of today's blog. And lucky to have had our friendship for so many years!

    I think you need to clarify you're the one on the right with the bad perm. Mine isn't looking so stellar either ;-)  

  2. # Blogger Marie

    VERY CUTE!!

    My sis & I enjoyed making a stuffed man (using our father's old clothes) to sit out front each year. He had a paper bag head, and each year his name was Charlie. Soooo creative!

    I remember coming home with those hauls!!! & dumping them across the kitchen table. Did anyone eat those MaryJanes?  

  3. # Blogger Ramona

    I think I was 15 the last time Pez and I went out trick-or-treating. We must have been too old, because every house we went to, we got the comment "a little old, aren't you?" But who could pass up that free candy?!  

  4. # Blogger Kristi

    Jenny-wow! You commented. Cool. And btw, my perm is way worse than yours. Yours at least looks like it may have occured in nature.

    Marie-that's a cool memory. And nope. I didn't eat the MaryJanes either. :)

    Alisha-That's a very sweet memory. I went through a phase where I was a gypsy for around three years in a row, and apparently we both have the 60s chick thing down pat.

    Ramona-Yup. Free candy is hard to resist at any age!  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly