My Love Affair with Ray's Pizza

One of my favorite things about visiting New York is the food. Now, I'm no gourmet. In fact, if I had to count the foods I eat and enjoy on my hands, I'd probably have fingers left over. I'm a plain Jane in the culinary department, but there are certain foods that I really, really love eating. And in my opinion, the finest example of one of my favorite foods is found in the city I love: pizza.

My husband and I discovered Ray's Pizza (full name: Famous Original Ray's Pizza) on our first trip to the City together in 1997. Neither one of us is an adventurous eater (although my husband definitely enjoys trying new foods more than I do) and we were trying to do New York on the cheap. So we asked the concierge at our hotel to recommend a nearby pizza place, and she recommended Ray's. We were not disappointed. It was everything New York-style pizza should be: huge pieces, thin crust, and lots of cheese. We were in taste bud heaven.

From then on, we made a pizza from Ray's a part of our annual New York trip. In fact, we talk about ordering pizza from Ray's weeks before we even leave, one of us reminding the other to make sure and bring Ray's phone number. And of course, on either Friday or Saturday of this week, we will enioy an enormous Ray's pizza while we're in the City.

In IVF news: Today I'll head to the bank at lunch time and ask for a bank check for a sum of money I haven't seen since we handed over the closing costs for our house. We have to pay for our IVF cycle in full on Monday. In a lot of ways, I'm frustrated that we have to essentially drain our savings account to pay for a chance at what everyone else in the world seems to be able to do for free. I suppose I'm entitled to a whoa-is-me, pity-party moment every once and awhile, right?

10 Responses to “My Love Affair with Ray's Pizza”

  1. # Blogger Dawn

    I've actually heard of that place. Man, I wish I had that pizza ... right now. My tummy is growling and all I've got is yogurt. Not that there's anything wrong with yogurt. It's just not pizza!

    I feel for you having to spend that much money. (This is where I deleted all of the positive stuff I was going to remind you of... everyone is entitled to feel a little pity for themself now and again.) Try not to stress out too much, OK? Just remember that delicious pizza...  

  2. # Blogger Ramona

    Nothing wrong with a little pizza and pity party!
    Good Luck with the IVF...it'll be SO worth it!  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I've eaten there too. Great pizza (although I like the really italian pizza best). So sorry about teh cost. Let's hope it's the last time you have to shell out like this until you start buying the baby equipment!  

  4. # Blogger Marie

    I'd be frustrated by forking over all the loot too...

    That pizza sounds perfect. Mmm. I can almost taste it! Savor a bite for me, 'k?  

  5. # Blogger Kristi

    socalfoodie: I'm with you. While I like yogurt, it is definitely NOT pizza. Thanks for sympathizing too. I have good days and bad days. Yesterday , and having to get that bank check, was a bad day!

    Ramona: Yes, pizza makes for a good pity-party. I wish I had had some yesterday.

    Thalia-I love real Italian pizza the best too. There's nothing like their woodfired ovens here in the states. And being able to spend money on baby stuff would make this all so worth it. My fingers are crossed for you, by the way!

    Marie-I will definitely enjoy the pizza for both of us!  

  6. # Blogger Kristi

    Alisha-Ray's pizza is absolutely the best pizza I've ever had, outside of Italy. Definitely check it out if you're ever in the City. I did see Cara's post. She was SO lucky to have seen Nathan and Matthew in The Producers.  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    What a great site » »  

  8. # Anonymous Anonymous
  9. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Prom dress in tulsa Rogue paintball  

  10. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Howdy,

    I am regular visitor of this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Plenty of useful information on interruptedwanderlust.blogspot.com. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. In plain english I must warn you that, you are not serious about your health. Recent Scientific Research indicates that almost 90% of all U.S. grownups are either fat or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

    About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for quick weight loss.  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly