Room at the Table

I'm going to go ahead and state the obvious.

Life was easier in a one-child household.

Isabella wanted to cook in her play kitchen?

Have at it!

Play with the pink doll highchair that cost $15.00 at Target, but from the way my kids fight over it, one would think it was made of chocolate?

No problem!

Color at the ancient little table with a now-not-so-convenient two chairs, one of which had been smashed to smithereens and glued back together?

Why not?

And then the twins came along. And then all of a sudden, our house, currently full-to-bursting with toys, transforms into the Sahara for all three of my blessed babies, where a Lord of the Flies atmosphere reigns and they contemplate a duel to the death for even the most insignificant of objects.

We desperately needed another table for them to draw on, and use for tea parties, and pretend play.

This one, which I love, and which belonged to me and my sister when we were young, was no longer cutting it. We needed to upsize.


And then this arrived from CSN Stores, an online retailer with over 200 stores, offering everything from dining room furniture to office supplies to fitness equipment.

The Kidcraft Nantucket Table is, in a word, awesome. It has seating for four: two chairs, and a bench that sits two.

It's made of extremely sturdy wood and I don't fear that I will obliterate the chairs when I sit on them.

It's cute and functional, with a large table perfect for four kids to use at the same time.

And best of all (for the hubs, anyway), it was super-easy to put together. The screws were sorted in separate bags by function, and the directions were a breeze to follow. The entire set was up in less than 30 minutes.

It's perfect for a quiet dinner for one


A social lunch for two


Or a raucous party for three.


And I am completely thrilled that I no longer have to break up fights over who gets to sit at the two-seated table, and for how long.

(That table-and-chair set has been moved to Isabella's bedroom.)

Once again, as it was when I ordered Isabella's bike from them, the entire ordering experience from CSN Stores was fantastic. I ordered it on a Tuesday and had it delivered three days later. A lot of their products, including this table, ship for free.

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I was recently chosen as a CSN Preferred Blogger, so I'm able to review products for them every couple of months.

In the meantime, if you're in the market for a great table for your kids, I would highly recommend this one. I love it, and the kids love it too.

2 Responses to “Room at the Table”

  1. # Anonymous Ness at Drovers Run

    Isn't it amazing at the little things that will sometimes make the biggest difference?

    They look so happy with that table!  

  2. # Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com

    Good choice! I love CSN's promo deals.  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly