My New Blog

I've spent the last month collaborating with my awesome friend, Ness, on my latest project: a blog for Midtown Athletic Club. The Internet is awesome. Despite the fact that we live 8,000+ miles away from each other (she's in South Africa) and our time zones place her six hours ahead of me, we were in almost-constant communication. She was able to design a beautiful blog in record time, which thrilled the club. Ness is amazing, and I would highly recommend her to anyone in need of design work.

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, this is the club that's allowing me to train for my half-marathon, and to enjoy certain perks I never would be able to afford otherwise. The hubs has lost 20 pounds because he's started working out there. I am very grateful for the opportunities I've been given.

The blog is health-and-wellness-focused. Some posts will be about the club, but many will include posts similar to those I write about here: commentary on stories or current events relevant to the blog's audience (those who enjoy working out, doing yoga or pilates, playing sports, eating well, and living a healthy life). You'll find my take on Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution appearing in a post on that blog and this one soon.

My first post is up there today. And this is my shameless plug for it: If you are so inclined, I would totally appreciate your checking it out and commenting. Some might hesitate to be the first person to comment on a new blog, so perhaps one of you might like to get the ball rolling?

You can also check out the Facebook Fan page I created for the club. And if you'd like to become a fan, well, I would of course appreciate that too.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your support!

4 Responses to “My New Blog”

  1. # Anonymous Vanessa

    You. Rock.

    Having been up close and personal (in photographs) with the awesome facilities at the club, I can safely say that clubs of that calibre do.not.exist in this country. Oh how I wish that they did!  

  2. # Blogger Shayne

    Ness is doing my new business website too and she is great! Love the Midtown blog - stylish, but simple and easy to read and find your way around.

    great work Ness and good luck with Midtown Kristi!  

  3. # Blogger Mom24

    Great job Kristi. I'm so glad you have this opportunity.  

  4. # Blogger Jesser

    Blog looks great! Site looks great! Big congrats to you. What a cool idea. :) And I loooove that club. Ours is about the nicest one I know of around here, and I think it might have it beat. ;)  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly