Wordless Wednesday: Sisters?

My sister and I looked alike when we were growing up. We were 19 months apart, and apparently my mom wished she had had twins because she dressed us in matching outfits a lot of the time.

But Isabella and Luci? I see very little resemblance at all.

This is Isabella at 16 months:
And here's Luci in the same outfit at 16 months.


I should have dressed Nicholas in this green shirt and tan pants for a better comparison. That's where the true similarities lie.

13 Responses to “Wordless Wednesday: Sisters?”

  1. # Blogger Pregnantly Plump

    Apart from my dad and his twin brother, none of the siblings in my family look alike. My parents siblings, or my cousins. We're all pretty unique.  

  2. # Blogger Unknown

    Isabella and Nico definitely look alike. In fact, I thought the picture of Isabella WAS Nico when I first looked at it.

    Bridget is the odd sibling out in this house with her blond hair and fair complexion. Both Hannah and Jacob have very dark hair. And Jacob's olive skin tans up nicely in the summer.

    PS - Love the hula-girl outfits.  

  3. # Blogger Hopeful Mother

    Yep, I have thought since the day you posted the first photos of Nico that he was Isabella's twin... well, I guess he kind of is since they were all in the same batch of embryos, right? ;-)  

  4. # Blogger Christine

    My sister and I don't look that much alike, although it didn't stop my mother from dressing us in matching or coordinating outfits until 8ish or so. Best of all is my second cousin would also somehow get in on the coordinated outfit goodness for holidays...so in all our holiday pictures it looks like Diana and Daniela are sisters, and I'm the cousin. Man, next time I'm in Florida I'll have to spend some quality time on the scanner.  

  5. # Blogger Holly

    Aw cuties, all of you. I think it's amazing how much Isabella and Nicholas look alike. I am guilty of dressing my boys in matching clothes, or complementary outfits, even though they're almost three years apart. If I find something I like, I figure why not? I know I won't be able to do it in a couple years, so now is my chance.  

  6. # Blogger Veronica

    Ah, the memories. My mother used to do that to my sister and I. We used to play tricks on poor, unsuspecting kids and tell them we were really twins or worse yet, triplets. (Don't ask me how we pulled off the third in a family of only two kids!)

    I agree, Isabella and Nico are spitting images of each other -- I also thought Isabella was Nico until I read it was her at 16 months.  

  7. # Blogger Sunny

    lol - Oh please don't put Nicholas in that outfit. At least it's not a dress, but that poor kid has been through enough with having two sisters. :)

    It truly is amazing how much Isabella and Nicholas look alike, but not Luci. It always makes me wonder about my boys. Bean has recessive genes for his hair and eyes, so I will be shocked if one of the twins looks like him. I keep imagining my twins looking identical, even though they aren't, just because I have a hard time picturing them anyway.

    Sorry, I'll stop blabbing now. It's the bedrest, I can't help it.  

  8. # Blogger In Due Time

    I vote for a picture of Nico IN the green shirt and khakis.. you know, for comparison sake, not at all for future bribery tools or wedding day sharing....

    K and I don't look a thing a like either.

    A looks more like me than she ever did/does.  

  9. # Blogger Mom24

    Isn't it funny how it works? I think Jason, Rebekah and Julianna all look alike while Jacob looks like the other side of the family. I don't point that out though--too much room for upsettedness. :)

    Isabella and Nico are definitely look-alikes. I think you should sneak the outfit on Nico and take a picture.  

  10. # Blogger Nonnie

    I thought the first picture WAS Nico! Having only seen these kids in pictures, I see no resemblance between Isabella and Luci. The skin tone, hair color, eye shape...everything is just so different. Same for Luci and Nico.  

  11. # Blogger Jeni

    They look like my night and day babies, genetics are a funny thing!  

  12. # Blogger Unknown

    Hi!

    I’m the webmaster for an online education website and I’d like to purchase advertising on your site. If you’re interested, please get back to me at richard.hemby24@gmail.com.

    Also, include the payment form (Paypal preferred).

    Thanks,
    Richard Hemby  

  13. # Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com

    Isabella and Nico are DEFINITELY related! Though there ARE similarities between the sisters...  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly