They're here!

This is Jenny, a friend of Kristi's - as a guest poster.

I am privileged, excited, and relieved to announce the arrival of Luciana and Nicholas!!

That's right - the twins have arrived! They made their way into the world today shortly after 3pm. Luci (or will it be Lucy?) is 4.9 lbs and her brother, Nicholas is 5.2 lbs.

The arrival of the twins followed a rough weekend of complications for Kristi that had her in the hospital over the weekend, home for Tuesday afternoon, and back at the hospital between last night and this morning. This morning the doctors decided it was time for the babies to come out - and so they did. Everyone is doing ok, but Kristi said she is still in a bit of pain. Hopefully pain meds will help out with that quickly. The babies are in the hospital's NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) - due to some difficulty with breathing on their own. Kristi sounded pretty tired the couple times I talked to her, but did say that they are all doing ok. I don't have many more details right now, but Kristi said she'll be online in the next couple days to share more details. I'll be seeing them tomorrow and I'll try to add pictures tomorrow night unless Kristi is able to get them here first.

Welcome Luciana and Nicholas! I can't wait to meet you!
Congratulations, Kristi, Rich, and big sister - Isabella!

33 Responses to “They're here!”

  1. # Blogger Mom24

    Yeah! I hope everyone is doing well and home soon. So sorry that things got complicated. I hope it's all uphill from here. Great sizes--go Kristi!  

  2. # Blogger Mom24

    I guess that would be downhill? sorry. You know what I mean. ;-)  

  3. # Blogger Melissa Martin

    Congratulations! Now the adventure begins! Can't wait to see pics.  

  4. # Blogger sashabro

    I have been so nervous all day! I can't wait to hear and see more. All my best to the new family of five!  

  5. # Blogger Elowyn

    Welcome, little ones! Congrats to all, and hope you're feeling better soon, Kristi! :D  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Yeah! Congratulations! =) (I'm just a bit bummed that they didn't arrive yesterday on Brody's birthday!) I hope you recover quickly, and can't wait to see pics!  

  7. # Blogger Mel

    What fantastic news! So glad its all done and dusted ... now you can get on with the job of being a family of 5. I do hope your recovery is swift Kristi. Thinking lots of you all.  

  8. # Blogger Chastity

    Oh my! Congratulations!! I wondered if this might be the case after you noticeable absence the past couple of days. I can't wait to hear all abou them!  

  9. # Blogger Marie

    Hooray! Congratulations Kristi & Rich!! And welcome bambinos!! Jenny, do you know if Kristi's up for visitors (outside of family -- I know you are like family)? I was thinking of her when I went to bed last night & planned to call today to see if I could help with anything... I didn't know she'd had the babies! Yippee!!  

  10. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I'm SO relieved to hear they have arrived!!!! All my best to you, Kristi & family, as you all recover from the rough days behind you and look forward to the many, many good days ahead of you!  

  11. # Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com

    I was WONDERING where you were!!!!


    CONGRATULATIONS!!! And you got a Lucy!! :)

    I cannot wait to see both of their tiny faces. Hope you're feeling well, and that these next few days and weeks don't fly by too quickly!

    I'm so happy for you, Kristi!  

  12. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Marie, I just sent you an email (to the practigal email that your name links to here)...let me know if you don't get that.  

  13. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Geez I stick my head in the sand for ONE lousy day and don't go online and I miss out on this!! Congratulations K!! Hope you guys are all doing well.  

  14. # Blogger shokufeh

    Congratulations!!! I hope all of you are well and that the transition to a family of five (and living outside of the womb) goes relatively smoothly. I think their names are great, and go so nicely with Isabella. Now I must go dab away the tears of joy.  

  15. # Blogger Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee

    Congratulations!!!! Can't wait to see pictures!  

  16. # Blogger Gal on the Go

    I'm so happy to hear everyone is doing OK. Jenny, thanks for the post and please give Kristi my love.  

  17. # Blogger Hopeful Mother

    Congratulations, Kristi and family! Will be thinking of you guys and hoping that everything continues to go well for you and your babies.  

  18. # Blogger Jesser

    Wooot! So happy for you guys. Congrats big time ... and LOVELY NAMES :) Blessings on you all. ;)  

  19. # Blogger Thalia

    great news, congratulations to all five of you!  

  20. # Blogger MsPrufrock

    When I saw a new post pop up in Google Reader I had a sneaking suspicion there would be good news. Congratulations to Mum, Dad and newly-minted big sister Isabella!! What lovely names, and I cannot wait to see photos.  

  21. # Blogger Shannon

    I saw Karrie at a show last night and the first thing she did was show me a photo of one of the twins on her iPhone, without speaking a word. It was a great way to be told! Congratulations to you all and I hope your recovery is swift and as pain-free as possible.  

  22. # Blogger Damselfly

    Tears of joy, tears of joy! Hope you can bring your babies home soon, Kristi, and that you'll heal quickly too.  

  23. # Blogger Shannon

    CONGRATS!!!! I hope and praying that everyone is doing much better today and that you will all be home soon!!! HUGS and Kisses from Shannon and Lore!  

  24. # Blogger Wendy

    Congratulations:) This is my first time over here, but Shannon sent me over and I wanted to leave a little note.  

  25. # Blogger Pregnantly Plump

    Congratulations! So excited to hear that you are doing well, and can't wait to see the pics!  

  26. # Blogger Jeni

    Yay! Congrats congrats congrats! I was wondering if there was a reason for the absence:) Welcome to the world little ones!  

  27. # Blogger kenju

    Kristi, I had lost track of you and didn't know you were posting again. Congratulations on the twins!! Life will never be the same at your house!  

  28. # Blogger In transit

    CONGRATULATIONS!!
    Love the names.
    Hope you are all doing well - and like everyone else, can't wait for the pics  

  29. # Blogger beagle

    LOVE you name choices! Congratulations!!!  

  30. # Blogger Amanda

    CONGRATULATIONS! Welcome to the world little ones!!!  

  31. # Blogger Leslie

    EEEE!! Congratulations, Kristi, Rich and Isabella! :)  

  32. # Blogger iheartbowheads.blogspot.com

    Congratulations!  

  33. # Blogger Smiling

    Yay! so happy for you!  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly