Fashion Fright Friday: Blair Witch Edition

For this edition of Fashion Fright Friday, the camera is turned on my daughter.

Allow me to set the scene for you. It is Halloween morning, usually a frightfully scary day to be sure, but it wasn't for us. Isabella was a duck, hardly a creature that strikes fear in the hearts of little children and those with weak constitutions. I had taken her outside to shoot some footage of her in her costume before we went off to a Halloween party here.

And other than my crumbling and ancient front steps, original to my 1925 house, and one swift kick away from disintegrating into a pile of bricks, there is nothing initially scary about our Halloween morning.

Until it appears.

What you're about to see is actual footage of an event that took place in front of my house. The footage was not altered or doctored in any way. Those who were non-believers before, well. I think you'll believe me now.

13 Responses to “Fashion Fright Friday: Blair Witch Edition”

  1. # Blogger Gal on the Go

    I never doubted you for a second! Though it must feel gratifying to get the little buggers caught on tape. Have a great weekend!  

  2. # Blogger Marie

    Too cute!!! What a sweet little duck. I bet she brought home a haul of loot, huh?  

  3. # Blogger kenju

    How sweet that was! Such a cute costume.  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh! Those pesky critters!

    What a cute duckie :-)  

  5. # Blogger Ramona

    What a cute little duckling! She certainly did a good job of scaring the squirrel away!  

  6. # Blogger Shannon

    evil little buggers... give her a broom to beat the suckers away... but she listens really well... you ask Lore to wave or to give you a kiss and she just gives you a dirty look lol...  

  7. # Blogger Christine

    Oh my god with the CUTE. Killing me.

    But check Isabella out, going after those hungry squirrels.  

  8. # Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com

    Corinne had to watch the "baby duck" 2 times. "So cuuuute, Mommmyyy!!"  

  9. # Blogger Lisanne

    Lucas enjoyed watching Isabella's video! And when you said, "Say bye," Lucas waved to the screen and said, "Bye!" LOL! :) She made such a cute duck. Hope you guys had fun!  

  10. # Blogger Damselfly

    Are you *sure* this video wasn't edited with some CGI effects? Notice how the squirrel appears, then disappears when Isabella turns around. Hmm....

    I'm so impressed that your cute little ducky can wave, kiss and say duck on cue! Fly sure can't.  

  11. # Blogger sunShine

    That is the cutest video. She has grown so much. She is he cutest duck that I have ever seen.  

  12. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh, I love it! It's fabulous! Isabella looks so impossibly adorable in that costume. And the squirrels, right on cue. Come one, admit it--you had a squirrel wrangler ready to release him for that scene! :):)  

  13. # Anonymous Anonymous

    For a split second, before I remembered the whole pumpkin issue, I thought the squirrel was going to run right up to her!

    She is so ready to start climbing stairs, you can just tell. Your world is going to change really soon, Kristi--you'll have no choice but to be outside, since she'll be scooting out the door on her own before you can catch her!  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly