Who Me? Weird?

I have been tagged by Pru to write a meme detailing seven aspects of my weirdness. And although I've completed this meme before, I seem to possess a super-abundance of weirdness, so there you have it.

1. Reality tv is my Prozac. And lately, I've been very, very depressed. I used to stick to the uppercrust of reality tv (Survivor, Amazing Race, and American Idol). However lately, I've been scraping the bottom of the barrel with Wife Swap, Super Nanny, and that exploitive gem, Fat March. And if Big Brother were on every day of the week, I would feel as if I died and went to heaven. Feel free to laugh at me. I would laugh at you if our situations were reversed.

2. I have a frequent nightmare that places me back in high school, standing in front of my locker, and not being able to remember the combination. This dream is second only in frequency to another high school dream where I have misplaced my schedule and I have no idea what class I'm supposed to be in, and in what room it's located. I have probably had these same dreams over 100 times, and I have been out of high school for a very, very long time. And while I'm no Freud, it's clear that my greatest fear is being unprepared and disorganized. For those who know me IRL, I'm sure this is a shocking bit of information. Except not.

3. I absolutely love removing boogies from Isabella's nose. There is something so supremely satisfying of going up her schnozz with an empty q-tip (I've long since given up on that baby torture device - the nasal aspirator) and coming back out with the huge boogie that's been plugging up her nasal passage. I realize this is not only completely bizarre, but also way TMI for most of you.

4. I don't let my fingernails grow. Like, at all. When there's a tiny bit of white showing at the top of my finger, out come the clippers and I hack the nails off. I used to bite my nails when I was younger, and although I stopped doing that long ago, my preference for nails so short they barely qualify to be called "nails" never really went away.

5. I still have my kindergarten Holly Hobby lunch box. It's made of metal (and probably coated with several layers of lead paint. Please remind me not to lick it) and has a matching thermos. Inside, I've kept about 20 or so notes passed between me and my friends in grammar school and high school, most of which are folded into elaborate triangles, stars and other geometric masterpieces for easy slippage from one hand to the next behind the teacher's back. Oh yes, I was a total 8th grade badass in my Catholic school. And by the way, KG *hearts* KB 4-EVA.

6. Nothing annoys me more (besides my growing fingernails) than spelling or grammar errors on signs, menus, tv commercials or any other marketing piece seen by the public. It boggles my wee little brain that companies and restaurants both big and small don't hire a good editor to ensure their public-facing materials are error-free. I realize this is freakish because most people don't have the anal editor eye that I do, and even if they did, they probably don't give a damn, but come on. I ask you, are you comfortable buying "bake goods" from a farmer's market? I think not!


7. I do not own a cell phone, nor do I ever want to. I realize this is probably the most strange of all the things I've listed here. But I just hate them. I really, really hate them. And I hate people who use them obnoxiously (soccer moms in the grocery store aisles "WHAT? WHAT kind of CEREAL do you want?", dads who cannot resist toting their "I'm always connected" importance while waiting with their kids in the pediatrician's waiting room, and those nasty people who talk into them while in line at stores, making the sales clerks wait for them to finish their calls). Seriously, hate.

I'm not going to tag anyone, but if you feel like sharing your own weirdness (you know you have way more than seven things that make you weird. I know I do.), please let me know so I can read about it.

3 Responses to “Who Me? Weird?”

  1. # Blogger M

    OMG We LOVE Big Brother. We are so ridiculous-- that we subscribed to Showtime to see the After Dark shows. In fact, we already know who got HOH last night! :)
    Big Brother was on during our honeymoon 6 years ago...and we would come in from DisneyWorld early to watch it! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I am SO with you on place-of-business signs that have errors. I just cannot believe that someone would care so little about what impression their business is giving off as to not proofread. I understand not everyone is a spelling whiz (actually, who am I kidding? I don't understand that at all) but come on.

    We received a letter in the mail a few weeks ago at my place of employment. It was a letter from a political candidate, requesting endorsement. I kid you not, the half-page letter had SEVEN grammatical/spelling errors. Some of them were so obvious that it was completely apparent that she didn't even read the letter before she hit print. It was a travesty, seriously.

    Anyway, all that to say that I, at least, don't think it's all that weird. ;)

    Also, I love Big Brother!  

  3. # Blogger kenju

    I'm watching Big Brother right now!! I never miss it.  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly