I'm a NaBloPoMo Participant

Hoosiergirl5 has issued me a challenge. And frankly it's one that I can definitely see myself failing to meet. But much like Tom Petty, I won't back down. I will stand my ground. And as a result I will try to post to my blog every day in the month of November as a participant in NaBloPoMo.

I'm sure many of you have heard of NaNoWriMo (National Novel-Writing Month) where those with the free time I don't have attempt to write 50,000 words of a novel in one month. Yes, this was once an aspiration of mine. Unfortunately, that's on the shelf along with an uninterrupted night's sleep, the consumption of a hot dinner, and the chance that I'll actually take off a spitup- free shirt at the end of the day, since on or about August 22 of this year.

NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) is for those who "lack the imagination, stamina, and self-destructive impulses required to write a novel that quickly," but who instead take the pledge to update their blogs once a day for the entire month of November. You can check out more information on it here.

Since Isabella's birth I've been averaging about one post per week, which is, um, six less than are required for participation in NaBloPoMo. But, since frequent blogging is one of the things I desperately miss about my pre-motherhood life, I figure Hoosiergirl5's invitation is a divine intervention of sorts.

I like a good challenge, so I'm going to give this one a shot. My posts in November may not always be coherent. Or relevant. Or interesting. Or even decipherable as English if the babe has had a particularly goulish night. But, assuming I don't fail miserably, Interrupted Wanderlust will have fresh content of some sort each day in November.

And seriously, if that's not something to thank your lucky stars for this Thanksgiving, I don't know what is.

;)

7 Responses to “I'm a NaBloPoMo Participant”

  1. # Blogger Shannon

    Okay, this fits in perfectly with what I was discussing in one of my earlier posts so I'm doing it too! Of course, it being November 1, I'm too late to sign up, but I'm gonna do it anyway. Thanks, Kristi!  

  2. # Blogger sunShine

    I decided there was just no way that I could do it this month. I have WWWAAAYYYY too much going on. I look forward to reading you everyday though. Good luck!  

  3. # Blogger Christine

    Hooray! I've heard of this...but alas I barely post once a week--forget every day.

    But I look forward to having something to read daily.  

  4. # Blogger Geekwif

    Good luck! I look forward to reading your daily posts!  

  5. # Blogger Kristi

    Shannon-I'm so glad you're doing this too. we can cheer eachother on.

    Sunshine-I fear I'm not going to make it for the same reasons. But I'm going to try!

    Sher-Aww.. Thanks!

    Christine-Well, I was in the same boat you are in (I posted once a week since August), so I hope I'm not doomed for failure here!

    Geekwif-Thanks! I remembered you did NaNoWriMo last year, and I was so impressed with what you accomplished. Are you doing it again this year?  

  6. # Blogger Binulatti

    I cannot hope to sign on to this myself. Unless of course someone declared December to be "NaApIsMoFaDeNaBloPoMoPr"
    (which is of course National Apology Issuing Monthfor Failing to Deliver on National Blog Posting Month Promises). In which case, where do I sigen?!

    [and good luck shish!]  

  7. # Blogger Jodi

    Way to go, girlfriend! I know we both can do it!
    J.  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly