And the Winner Is...

The votes are in for the Pumpkin Pay It Forward contest. The name of the winner has been drawn. And I cast the deciding vote as to which dessert I'll make this weekend, as two of our pumpkin possibilities tied with three votes each. Let's get started.

First, I wrote all your names on an individual sheet of paper.

Then, I folded them up, and placed them ever-so-gently in Isabella's trick-or-treat bag.


And a winner was drawn. So, without further ado, our winner is...


Ramona!!!!


Congratulations, Ramona! To receive your prize, all you need to do is email your address to me at shish76 at aol dot com. And it just so happens that the treat you voted for is the one that won.

Here's how it happened. We had a tie. The votes were broken down as follows:

1 vote for pumpkin banana bread

2 votes for pumpkin spice muffins

3 votes for pumpkin pound cake

3 votes for pumpkin gooey butter cakes

So pumpkin pound cake and pumpkin gooey butter cakes tied with three votes a piece. Now, given that this treat is going to be shipped, I figured something with "gooey" in its title might not make it intact to its final destination (as some of you live in other countries, and some of you live waaaay on the other side of the U.S. from me). So, I made the executive decision to select Pumpkin Pound Cake as our winner. But, because it didn't actually win (in the strict interpretation of the word), I will at some point in the near future make the pumpkin gooey butter cakes, and post its recipe and pictures on this blog. That way you can all lick your computer screens, and it will be almost as if you were with me in my kitchen. Capice?

Thank you so much, everyone, for participating in the contest. I think this was a lot of fun! And Congrats to Ramona on winning! I'm going to make the pumpkin pound cake today, so as soon as I have your address, I'll send it on its way.

Oh, and if you want the recipes for any of the other pumpkin treats (I'll post the recipe and pictures of the pumpkin pound cake tomorrow), just let me know and I'll send them to you.

5 Responses to “And the Winner Is...”

  1. # Blogger Ramona

    Whoo-hoo! I won,I won,I won!!!! :)  

  2. # Blogger Leslie

    Oh, I am sooo bummed! Especially since the desert I voted for is the "winner". Guess I'll have to settle for licking my monitor instead. Maybe I can get a Yankee Candle to help simulate the experience.  

  3. # Blogger Marie

    Mmmmmm!

    Can't wait to hear the review of the winning baked good by Ramona!  

  4. # Blogger sunShine

    Congrats Ramona! You lucky girl, you.  

  5. # Blogger Shannon

    Lucky Ramona!  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly