My Plug for Charlie

Last night I went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with my husband, two younger sisters, and my step-mom (not my father's wife-yes, there is a difference). It was a really well-done, visually stunning movie. I don't like chocolate, yet immediately after seeing this movie, I wanted some.

Tim Burton directed it, and it has all the hallmarks of a Burton film-quirky humor and dialogue mixed with a slightly dark take on the seemingly sweet and charming. The oompa-loompa songs were hysterical, and the Wonka factory was amazing. I can't imagine another actor in the role of Willy Wonka than Johnny Depp, either. He was fantastic, weird, and wonderful, and made the movie what it was. The original is a classic, and Gene Wilder was also a great Wonka, but I think even the purists who loved the movie from the 70s will find something to enjoy in this one.

0 Responses to “My Plug for Charlie”

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly