« Home | Recipe Index »

Meet the blogging newbie


My very first post on my very own blog. Where to begin?

I'm Kristi. I'm 29 and hurtling full-speed toward 30. I'm a cube-dwelling technical writer who unfortunately doesn't have a whole lot of interest in the software programs I have to write about to bring home my paycheck. I do not define myself by what I do for a living. It's a small and insignificant part of who I am. Hopefully, someday I'll be doing what I really want to do, and that's living and working as a travel writer.

So who am I really? Well, traveling is quite possibly the most important thing in the world to me besides my family (including my three cats) and friends. Exploring new cities and countries, experiencing different cultures, and broadening my worldly perspective really makes me happy. In fact, I keep a running list in my head of places I want to visit. Next on the list: Austria and Switzerland. Have you been there? "Real life" and living within a budget often prohibit traveling as far or as often as I'd like, and most of the time I'm okay with that. I can always plan and save for the future, right?

I'm married with no kids yet, although hopefully someday they'll come along. I have a big, loving Italian family with whom I'm very close. Although most of them have political and social leanings about as far from my own as possible, I don't know where I would be today without their love and support.

So that's me in a nutshell. I can't promise that this blog will always be entertaining, but I can promise honesty tinged with occasional sardonic humor. Thanks for reading!

2 Responses to “Meet the blogging newbie”

  1. # Blogger Geekwif

    Welcome, Kristi! Thanks for visiting my blog the other day. I'm a newby myself to this wild and crazy world of blogging. So far it's been fun, therapeutic, and most of all - addicting!  

  2. # Blogger kitchenmage

    I've been reading backwards, somewhat randomly,and had to say a belated welcome. (I typo'd and wrote "bleated"...almost left it, but I'm not farmgirl and have no sheep, so maybe not so much...)

    I notice that you are also a technical writer who isn't necessarily into the software she writes about--how familiar... Hang in there, you're in a great career for someone who wants to be able to chuck the city at some point. Out in my little fog valley, there are a lot of writers and musicians...and I do mean lots given the overall population.

    In the meantime, keep working on the bread; I've found that kneading bread when I am under pressure from editors is a great tension reliever...even better if I talk to it as I work my little editor-in-effigy dough into submission.  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly