The Graduate

It's been more than a month since I've posted.

There's been loads of work stuff (all good, though, since I am loving my job).

There's been kid stuff, and trying to juggle the kid stuff with the work stuff.

There's been running stuff (my new exercise schedule includes runs 4 times a week at 5:30am, before the hubs leaves for work).

And there's been Louie stuff. He is not doing well. Our goodbye is near, and this affects me so deeply that I cannot even write about it here. Not yet, anyway.

So today, I'm writing about my graduate.

Today was Isabella's last day of preschool.

She was so excited on her first day last September:



And today, this little girl headed off to the big K in the fall, is still as excited about school as she was when the year began:


Her end-of-the-year picnic took place this afternoon. She'll see a bunch of her preschool peeps in the school's summer camp, which runs three mornings a week next week and the week after. And of course, many of them live in our school district, so she'll see them at Kindergarten.

At the end-of-the-year picnic last year, I found myself much more emotional than I was this year (and she was headed back to the same preschool at the start of the school year). Isabella had had such a wonderful first year experience, she loved school, and had made many friends, so I felt a certain loss for her. I was worried that maybe her second year wouldn't be as great. That she wouldn't love it quite as much.

But she simply thrived this year too, and matured in many ways.

I constantly think how lucky I am to have a child who loves learning and the structure of the school environment.

In September, she'll head to half-day Kindergarten. She'll ride the bus. She'll have much more structure, more routine, and higher expectations than she's experienced to this point.

And I think she's going to rock it.


4 Responses to “The Graduate”

  1. # Blogger Unknown

    So sorry about Louie. I've thought about him and you many times since I heard he was sick.

    BIG changes for Isabella on the horizon! Exciting times ahead . . .  

  2. # Blogger M

    Hard to believe how big our girls are getting!  

  3. # Blogger Andrew

    Can't believe she's old enough for school already!  

  4. # Blogger MsGraysea

    Hugs and purr for Louie. So difficult.
    Otherwise what lovely news about the beautiful graduate, and that you job is going well.  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly