It's Upon Us

Hi. I'm Kristi. Remember when I used to post five days a week?

Yeah, me either.

Good grief. Has it really been two weeks since my last post?

Suffice it to say, I'm not able to write as much as I'd like to anymore.

I could regale you with tales of how I'm working past midnight many nights to keep up with a giant-sized workload comprised of both freelance writing and online teaching, but blah, blah, whine, whine. Boooring.

I could entertain you with a story about how mamacita has not spoken to me in over a week because I forgot to thank her for the Halloween cards and money she sent the kids. Apparently, she's been doing a little wall-stalking and thinks I spend too much time on Facebook (I don't), and that I could have spent that time calling or emailing her with my thanks. The fact that I really and truly did forget (what with the five hours of sleep I've been getting a night, and the second-shift I pull nightly) does not matter.

Mamacita's gotten herself blocked.

Thanksgiving is going to be FUN.

Or I could madden you with my annual pre-Christmas post of doom and gloom, in which I bemoan the impending holiday of which I do not like because it means the breaking out of the Annual Spreadsheet of Debt, the arrival of the Holiday Card Photo Shoot of the Photophobic, and all the things I must do and buy with a clock that gives me only 24 hours daily when I need at least 36.

But honestly, it's close to midnight, and I'm just too damn tired. Instead, I'll leave you with this.

It became apparent to me one day last week that my eldest really is my Mini Me. People tell me all the time how much she and I resemble eachother, but it seems Isabella not only has her mother's looks (poor thing), but also her dancing ability and coordination as well.





If you're still reading here, I salute you.

9 Responses to “It's Upon Us”

  1. # Anonymous Ness at Drovers Run

    OMG - you had me at "annual spreadsheet of debt" - I'm still laughing so hard I'm wiping the tears out of my eyes!  

  2. # Anonymous Ness

    To clarify - in case any of your readers think I'm being an insensitive wart - I'm laughing *with* you about the spreadsheet of debt, because hubby and I hauled ours out this weekend to see who's not getting presents this year ;)  

  3. # Blogger Mom24

    Enjoy the break, Mamacita will get over it.

    I so get the spreadsheet of debt. I told Mark this weekend I think I was way wrong about our holiday budget and he just laughed--seems he knew there wasn't a chance in hell I'd have it covered, no matter what I budgeted, it's always more.

    I think Isabella's adorable, Nicholas and Luci too, and her dancing is perfect. :) Full of fun and energy, what more can you ask for?

    Mamacita has never found this, I'm hoping?  

  4. # Anonymous Christine

    Ugh, sorry to hear about your mom. Mine sometimes goes a little off the deep end too. Also those forty two seconds of dancing made me tired. If I lived closer I would come by with drinks and free child wrangling. Hope things ease up for you soon!  

  5. # Blogger Holly

    It was so cute to see your kids in action and to hear your voice!  

  6. # Blogger In transit

    welcome back ;)  

  7. # Blogger Mary Finucane

    Oh my gosh I burst out laughing watching this! So cute, she looks like she just snorted a line of Kool-aid and then wore herself out in the first 9 seconds of shakin' it down!

    At least you are putting the misery to good use, providing me with a morning laugh. Thank you.

    ps--good music :)  

  8. # Blogger Pregnantly Plump

    Love the dancing! Nicholas dances like Little Elvis.  

  9. # Blogger Mel

    What is it about kids dancing that just makes me beam! :-) Loved that clip and to put a voice to you is awesome. :-)

    The Christmas thing? We are soooo low key here cos I REFUSE to be drawn into the commercial shit.

    And I will always read - even if you post once a year!  

Post a Comment

Quick Snapshot:

  • 34-year-old writer and
    mother to a daughter
    born in August 2006 following
    IVF and girl/boy twins born in October 2008 following FET. Come along as I document the search for my lost intellect. It's a bumpy ride. Consider yourself warned.

  • 100 Things About Me
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Send Me an E-mail

  • "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." -Martin Buber

Inside My Suitcase:





Off the Beaten Path:

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    Design: Lisanne, based on a template by Gecko and Fly